Hague | NonHague Convention


Authentication | Legalization

We provide Apostille (uh-pos-stee) Preparation Services 

for documents originating in Georgia. We can also assist with documents originating from other states or requiring federal processing by working with your Secretary of State or appointed entity. We are located approximately thirty (30) minutes from the Clerk's Office.

An apostille is a document that certifies the authenticity of a public document issued in one country for use in another country.


There are many reasons why you might need an apostille. For example, you may need an apostille if you are applying for a visa, immigrating to another country, or getting married abroad. Apostilles are also required for some legal proceedings, such as adoptions and divorces. Once you have obtained an apostille, it is important to keep it in a safe place. The apostille is a valuable document that can be used to prove the authenticity of your public documents for many years to come.

You can find us on Apostille Direct USA or book directly 770.756.6290 ph/txt.

What to expect?

*You are paying for a service, processing times are  dependent on the administrative bodies that govern the issuance of these documents.

Frequently Asked Questions 

What is the purpose of an apostille?

Foreign countries require additional certification of documents to verity its authenticity.  The actual apostille is a certificate attached to an original, or certified copy that contains a reference code in case it is lost. The apostille verifies that the seals and signatures on the document are valid.

GA Resident: My document is for a Hague Convention country, what do I do?

To obtain an apostille certificate, it must be processed and issued by the office of the Secretary of State of Georgia. An Apostille is affixed and must not be removed from the original documents.  If the document was issued by a different state, it can not be apostilled by the state of Georgia but by its originating state.

GA Resident: My document is for a non Hague Convention country, what do I do?

Non Hague documents require the Great Seal of Georgia that is issued by the Secretary of State's Elections Division. The document must be notarized by a Georgia notary. Next, the Clerk of Superior Court in the county of the notary will provide a notary certification. In our case, that would be Fulton County, GA.  The certification will be attached to each document prior to the next step of receiving authentication for the non Hague country. 

Can you notarize vital records? (birth/death/marriage certificates)

No, these documents must be issued by vital records (state registrar) and must be issued within the last five years.

Can you notarize school diplomas, transcripts or other academic records?

No, these documents must be issued by  the school register who will issue an original or authorized color copy of your documents. It should contain the original signed and printed name of the registrar, the notary's information.

How do I get my business documents apostilled?

These documents must be issued by the Georgia Secretary of State Corporations Division.

Can you notarize my passport for Apostille?

No, we will certify a color copy of your passport if you are not able to supply an original. An apostille on a US passport is for use in countries that are members of the Hague Apostille Convention. If not, you will need to obtain  US passport legalization from the U.S. Dept of State in Washington, D.C. and legalization through the Embassy office.

I see that you are about 25 mins away from the GSCCCA office, will you act as courier for my documents?

Yes, please contact us 770.756.6290 or email NotaryNeedZ@need-Z.com.  The current hours at the GSCCCA Office are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mon - Fri (no appointment necessary).

I see that you are a certified interpreter, can you translate my documents?

No, interpreting and translating are two different skills set. However, we work with certified translators to process documents. Certified translations will include a notarized Translator Affidavit stating that they individual is fluent in English and the target language; they certify that they have translated the document to the best of their ability and the attachment is a true, accurate and complete translation of said document.

 *We offer notary and other services in English and American Sign Language.

How much do you charge for Apostille or Authentication Services?

Each request is unique to its owner. We have to gather information about service needed, number of documents, shipping, etc. The average cost of one standard apostille starts at  $150.  We only accept major credit/debit cards, bank wires,  USPS Money Orders, and PayPal for these services.

I am eloping or having a destination wedding. Can you help?

Congratulations! This is one of our most requested services. You will need to obtain an Affidavit of Single Status or No Record of Marriage from your county clerk or state registrar. It is best that the Affidavit is no older than 90 days but check with your Hague destination country. If it is a non Hague country, it will require authentication from the US Dept. of State and legalization through the Embassy.

I was not born in Georgia, can you still provide Apostille services for my documents?

Yes and No. Out of state documents must be processed by the issuing state.  We can assist with getting these documents back to the authorized entity for authentication and then continue the process for the Apostille.

If you were born abroad, you will be required to get your documents authenticated and legalize. These documents typically required certificates from State, Federal and country Embassy.

These documents can NEVER be notarized?

Birth/Death, Marriage certificates; Divorce Decrees, some Court Documents, GA County Clerk of Superior Court documents, and documents issued by the Georgia Secretary of State Corporations.

How do I get my documents returned?

During intake, you will establish if your documents will be hand delivered or mailed to you or a third party. If they are mailed you will provide or be charged for  a return envelope or airbill (USPS, UPS, DHL, FedEx).